Where the Fintech
is Happening at
A snapshot of the events, sessions and trends you need to know about to make your time in Austin at SXSW 2023 worth the investment
After reading our SXSW 2022 recap and seeing the pictures of the fintech scene, we hope you haven’t waited to make plans to attend SXSW 2023. If you’re still on the fence, we’re here to tell you to quit wondering Is it worth it for me to go to SXSW? Buy the ticket already and follow our guide for where to find the best fintech at SXSW in Austin.
Since 2017, Caliber has been at SXSW working behind-the-scenes and connecting players in the fintech and financial services industry. We’re here to give you three things fintechs should look for at SXSW 2023, with a snapshot of the events, sessions and trends you need to know about to make your time in Austin worth the investment.
- High-Quality Fintech Networking Opportunities
- SXSW Conference Sessions for Fintech & Finserv
- Industry Trends
1. High-Quality Fintech Networking Opportunities
If you know where to look, you will find opportunities to network with fintech founders, investors, and other finserv players at SXSW 2023. Here is our list of high-quality fintech networking opportunities over the weekend of March 10-12, 2023 and throughout the following week.
Franklin & Fintech Dinner Party
Saturday, March 11, 2023
Request an Invitation to Franklin & Fintech Dinner Party
Caliber is joining forces with industry players like The Financial Revolutionist, Episode Six, and Alloy Labs to host an exclusive, invite-only dinner party for movers and shakers within the fintech industry at world-famous Franklin BBQ. For years we’ve hosted events to connect those in fintech at SXSW, and we’re back for another dose of high-quality networking this year. Space is very limited.
Fintech Luminaires Party
Sunday, March 12, 2023
Request an Invitation to Fintech Luminaires Party
To make it easier to make the right connections amongst the throngs of “fintech curious,” Alloy Labs Alliance created the Fintech Luminaires reception years ago to ensure the guests you interact with are deep in the fintech space. As one guest said after the last in-person event “by far the most productive time I spend at SXSW.” Caliber has been a partner for this event for many years – we can vouch that it’s one you won’t want to miss.
March 11-12, 2023
Request an Invitation to the Fintech House
Fintech House is a quiet place to put up your (tired) feet and engage in (inside voice) conversation with other fintech pioneers and cross-industry experts.
Other Opportunities for Industry Players
- March 10-14, 2023. Capital Factory VIP Lounge & House. Request an invitation
- March 10-13, 2023. Inc. Founders House. Request an invitation
- March 11-14, 2023. The Fortress (by Fortress Trust Company & This Week in Fintech). Request an invitation
2. SXSW Conference Sessions for Fintech & Finserv
How do you figure out what’s relevant for you in the SXSW 2023 lineup? (And, we aren’t talking about the music or the films!) There is a plethora of incredible conference sessions at SXSW…To stop yourself from getting overwhelmed, you could simply follow one of the 25 tracks – for example, tech industry, startups, design, 2050 or advertising and brand experience might interest you.
Or, you could check out our handpicked list of SXSW conference sessions for fintech and finserv audiences, showcasing up-and-comers as well as the venture capital firms, fintechs and financial services companies whose names we all know.
March 11-13, 2023
Returning for its 15th year, SXSW Pitch will showcase some of the global startup ecosystem’s most exciting, innovative, and cutting-edge technology. This year’s competition will feature 40 interactive technology companies from eight different categories. These companies will dazzle a live audience with their company pitch and Q&A with our panel of judges.
Access the full SXSW Pitch schedule here.
SXSW Fintech Conference Sessions
- March 10, 2023. Featured Session: How to Build the Damn Thing. More information
- March 10, 2023. The Flourishing $1T FemTech Industry. More information
- March 11, 2023. Web3 and the Future of Emerging Markets. More information
- March 13, 2023. Regulating Crypto for Responsible Innovation. More information
- March 14, 2023. Fintech and E-Commerce Meet Up. More information
SXSW Mentor Sessions for Fintech
- March 10, 2023. Joe Sanchez (Techstars). More information
- March 11, 2023. Dante DiCicco (Zitti). More information
- March 11, 2023. Rosemarie Truman (The Center for Advancing Innovation). More information
- March 14, 2023. Jane Westfall (Jane Westfall). More information
- March 15, 2023. Rubin Miller (Perspective Wealth Partners). More information
3. Industry Trends
SXSW is the place to observe and engage with emerging trends, and many are relevant to fintech and finserv. We have no doubt you will see and hear about trends all over SXSW 2023, including in your networking and conference sessions. Keep your eyes and ears open and your Notes app handy (or, are you old school with pen and paper?)
We hope we have given you a clearer picture of what’s happening at SXSW for fintech, finserv and other industry players. With this list of where the fintech is happening at SXSW 2023, you’re in-the-know about the events, sessions and trends that will make it worth attending. (Looking for a guide of things to do and see outside of the industry? Check out this guide from Forbes.) If you’ll be in Austin at SXSW 2023, connect with us on social media using #SXSWfintech. We look forward to seeing you there!